Wednesday 1 June 2011

Email To LFC Concerning Abusive Chants

Dear Sir/Madam,
As an active member of the fan base on twitter I often see abusive tweets about Hillsborough, Heysel and Munich. I was wondering if there is in place a group that tries to educate supporters about the tragedies and helps strengthen ties between the supporters base and the victims groups. I was an integral part in helping stop Republik Of Mancunia from selling his t shirts that displayed the 'We Won It Three Times Without Killing Anyone' chant. This site was powered by a successful t shirt company and by the power of using twitter and fan emails, we managed to have the site shut off the flow of that particular design. The point of the email is to ask if there is anything I can do to stop the repeat of footage of Liverpool fans singing Munich songs on Match Of The Day or of Manchester United fans singings Heysel songs whilst playing other teams? I would love to help the club become the first club to try and bridge that gap between rivalry and decency. Any role I can play would be done to the fullest. I look forward to a reply email.
Yours sincerely
Mal Bennett
Birkenhead
You'll Never Walk Alone

2 comments: