Wednesday 1 June 2011

2nd Email To LFC Concerning Abusive Chants

Hi Matt.
     Appreciate you emailing back. I think I never clarified my query properly. I am asking if the club has a clear policy or plan to try and stop the chants. Something like CCTV use, phone line for anonymous reports and education programmes aimed at supporters and the wider community. 
     The reason I'm pursuing this is due to the scenes I witnessed at Youth FA Cup Quarter Final at Anfield earlier this year. The away Manchester United support, which included children, sang songs about Heysel. I feel that more than a token response about supporter intervention is required from the club that prides itself on community values.
     The determination that I have for this issue to be resolved is evident with the way in which the fan base boycotted spreadshirt and won the removal of the shirts. 

Mal Bennett 

No comments:

Post a Comment